If you have skin imperfections such as skin tags, milia, whiteheads, etc that frustrate you every time you look in the mirror, at "lilydermis centre" we provide electrocoagulation service that removes blemishes easily and permanently. LiLyDermis centre is one of the best clinics in Calgary to diagnose and treat your skin lesions. Surgical Radiofrequency is used for skin lesion removal and is based on cutting tissue with high-frequency alternating current. Our radiofrequency machine produces high-frequency radio waves of 4.8 MHz. That means there is no heating of electrodes so there is less risk of scar.
Electrocoagulation can be used to treat successfully the following skin conditions:
- Skin tag removal
- Telangiectasia removal (also called dilated or broken capillaries)
- Cherry angioma removal (also called ruby points or blood spots)
- Spider angioma removal
- Cholesterol deposit removal
- Whitehead and blackhead removal
- Seborrheic keratosis removal
- Milia removal
- Sebaceous hyperplasia removal
- Dermatosis papulosa nigra removal
Advantages of surgical radiofrequency are:
- Low risk of scarring
- Minimal damage of the surrounding skin
- No bleeding
Skin Tag RemovalSkin tags are small growths that can be the same color as or slightly darker than the surrounding skin. They are common in warm and moist areas where clothing usually rubs, such as around the neck, underarms, groin and chest and may also be found around the eyes. These tiny growths are benign but can be bothersome. Reasons of skin tags:
Skin tags are often numerous and catch on clothing or jewelry, thus skin tags are often a painful nuisance and most people don’t like the cosmetic appearance of them. Skin tags can be removed easily and safely at LiLyDermis using the radio-frequency technique. Self skin tag removal is not advised as there is risk of scarring, infection, skin discoloration, pain and the result is poor.
LiLyDermis is one of the best places in Calgary to manage your skin tags. We offer both a comprehensive assessment of your skin tags and also discuss the best treatment options. At LiLyDermis Clinic, we offer painless skin tag removal in Calgary.
Milia RemovalMilia are small, bump-like cysts found under the skin. They are usually 1-2 millimeters in size. They form when skin flakes or keratin (a skin protein) become trapped beneath the surface of the skin. Milia most often appear on the face, commonly around the eyelids and cheeks, though they can occur anywhere.
Milia are typically associated with some type of damage to the skin such as:
- Sun damage is a risk factor for milia because it makes skin rough and leathery and more difficult for dead cells shed normally.
- Other kinds of skin damage from injuries, medication or illness (secondary milia).
- Milia can also develop if the skin loses its natural ability to exfoliate as a result of aging.
- Some ingredients in skincare and makeup products can cause milia in some people such as petrolatum, paraffin, ...
- The use of steroid creams can lead to milia on the skin where the cream is applied.
You should not try to squeeze or scrape off milia on your own because it can scar the skin or cause an infection. Milia can be eradicated in a number of different ways, such as chemical peels, retinoids, and AHA products but the best treatment that we are doing at LiLyDermis clinic is surgical radio-frequency or electro-coagulation. In fact, we de-roof the milia. The contents of the milia are then carefully extracted.
A whitehead is a type of acne that forms when dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria become trapped within one of the skin pores. Heavy makeup, certain products, sweat, and dirt are all factors that contribute to the formation of whiteheads on the skin although hormonal or hereditary factors are the main reasons.
A whitehead can develop anywhere on your body. The nose, chin, and forehead are the common areas but they can be formed on the chest, back, shoulders, and arms.
Unlike blackheads, which can be pushed out, whiteheads are closed lesions and this can make treatment a bit more challenging.
At LILYDERMIS center the whiteheads can be treated effectively by electrocoagulation device.